In view of the escalation of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in the UK, we seek the cooperation of the public in protecting the applicant’s and everyone’s health and safety through the following measures:
Visit the Embassy only if it’s extremely urgent
- Non-urgent consular transactions are highly discouraged. Filipino citizens whose passports are expiring from 01 July 2021 and onwards are advised to defer the renewal of their passports, unless there is a pressing reason to do so.
- Those who have no transaction at the Embassy are discouraged from tagging along with applicants.
- Visa and civil registry applicants are advised to post their applications. The requirements for these services may be accessed at https://londonpe.dfa.gov.ph/consular-matters
- Dual citizenship applicants are strictly by appointment only. For more information on the process and requirements, please visit this link.
Stay at home if you’re not feeling well
- Those who recently visited COVID-19-affected areas; and those who have fever or are exhibiting flu-like symptoms must not visit the Embassy.
- Applicants are advised to wash or sanitize their hands first upon entering the Embassy premises.
We have also adjusted its operating hours to 10:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to keep our clients and personnel from travelling during peak hours. We have yet to publish advice on the status of our upcoming consular outreach missions for Spring.
We are closely monitoring the situation and are committed to doing our part in mitigating the spread of COVID-19.