1. The Embassy of the Philippines through the Philippine Overseas Labour Office (POLO) will be accepting bids for the procurement of a One-Year Tenancy Agreement for a two-bedroom house/apartment to be used as the Migrant Workers and Other Filipinos Resource Centre.
2. The Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC) is GBP Twenty Thousand Four Hundred pounds (GBP 20,400.00).
Bids received in excess of the ABC shall be automatically rejected at bid opening.
3. Bidding is open to all interested bidders, subject to the conditions for eligibility provided in the IRR of RA 9184. The description of an eligible bidder is contained in the Bidding Documents, particularly in Section II, Instruction to Bidders.
4. Interested bidders may obtain further information from the Bids and Awards Committee (BAC) and inspect the Bidding Documents at POLO, Bldg. 6 Suffolk Street SW1Y 4HG, during office hours (9:00AM to 5PM).
5. A complete set of bidding documents may be acquired by interested bidders from the Bids and Awards Committee, POLO on 11-15 November 2019. The BAC will hold a Pre-Bid Conference. This is open to all interested bidders.
6. Bids must be delivered to, and received by, the BAC at POLO, Bldg. 6 Suffolk St. London SW1Y 4HG on or before 15 November at 10:30. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security in any of these acceptable forms: a) Cash or cashier/manager’s check issued by a universal or commercial bank; b) bank draft/guarantee or irrevocable letter of credit issued and confirmed or authenticated by a universal or commercial bank; c) surety bond callable upon demand issued by a surety or insurance company duly registered in the United Kingdom: and, d) Bid Securing Declaration.
For a and b, the amount of security is 2%; for c, it’s 5% and there is no amount for d.
7. The Bidding Documents Fee may be refunded in accordance with the grounds provided for under Section 41 of the Act and the IRR.
8. The schedule of activities is listed, as follows:
8.1 Issuance of the Bidding Documents - 11-15 November 2019
8.2 Pre-Bid Conference - 11 November 2019; 3:00 PM
8.3 Opening of Bids - 15 Sept 2019; 2:00 PM
9. The POLO reserves the right to accept or reject any bid, to annul the bidding process, and to reject all bids at any time prior to awarding of the Tenancy Agreement, without thereby incurring any liability to affected bidder or bidders.
10. For further information, please refer to:
Bids and Awards Committee
Philippine Overseas Labor Office
6 Suffolk Street, London SW1Y 4HG
MARIA CONSOLACION C. MARQUEZ
Chairperson, Bids and Awards Committee
30 October 2019