Filipino citizens overseas are eligible to vote for the 2022 Philippine National Elections, which will be undertaken by postal voting for the UK and Ireland.
In order to be take part in the process, you will need to be registered overseas voter. If you were able to vote in the UK or Ireland during the 2019 Philippine Mid-term Elections, you do not need to register again.
Who are eligible to register as voters:
- All citizens of the Philippines abroad, who are not otherwise disqualified by law, at least eighteen (18) years of age on the day of elections.
- Those who became naturalised as foreign citizens but who have not yet undergone the process of reacquiring their Philippine citizenship are considered foreign citizens and therefore do not have the right to vote during the Philippine elections.
Individuals disqualified under Philippine law to vote during Philippine elections:
- Those who have lost their Filipino Citizenship;
- Those who have expressly renounced their Philippine citizenship and who have pledged allegiance to a foreign country except those who have reacquired or retained their Philippine citizenship under Republic Act No. 9225, otherwise known as the 'Citizenship Retention and Reacquisition Act of 2003;
- Those who have committed and are convicted in a final judgment by a Philippine court or tribunal of an offense punishable by imprisonment of not less than one (1) year, such disability not having been removed by plenary pardon or amnesty: Provided, however, That any person disqualified to vote shall automatically acquire the right to vote upon the expiration of five (5) years after service of sentence; and
- Any citizen of the Philippines abroad previously declared insane or incompetent by competent authority in the Philippines or abroad, as verified by the Philippine embassies, consulates or Foreign Service establishments concerned, unless such competent authority subsequently certifies that such person is no longer insane or incompetent.
- Book an appointment to schedule your visit at the Philippine Embassy. You may book an appointment through this link.
- Visit the Philippine Embassy on your confirmed appointment date. The Overseas Voter Registration Office is located at The Philippine Embassy, 6 Suffolk Street, London SW1Y 4HG.
- Once at the Philippine Embassy, submit your requirements to the Overseas Voter Registration Officer and submit yourself for biometric capturing.
- For questions, please email