- Written by london.pe
- Category: FAQs41
- Hits: 4742
Filipinos who re-acquire Filipino citizenship under Republic Act No. 9225, or the Citizenship Retention and Reacquisition Act of 2003, even more popularly known as the Dual Citizenship Law, may once again enjoy full civil, economic and political rights enjoyed by all Filipino citizens.
Among these are:
1. Right to own real property in the Philippines;
2. Right to engage in business or commerce as a Filipino;
3. Right to practice one’s profession in accordance with law;
4. Right to acquire a Philippine passport; and
5. Right to vote in Philippine elections.